Picture of the month

Picture of the month
Life is circular

Monday, February 19, 2007

Kori


I surf the web sometimes I think more than I should and often I come across something I feel that needs to be shared.This personal account is one that needs to be told in this space not for those who don't want to know but for those of us opened to being enriched by knowing.

I contacted Kori Dade wright by email after reading his journey from female to male or FTM as it is often shorten too. I asked if he coulds shared a bit here and thankfully he agreed.


"I'm surprised and flattered to say the least. Not many lesbian women understand transmen, or are correctly informed about who we are. I haven't found too many women only or lesbian identified spaces really accepting of us, especially on the net".

What did you draw from to make your transition?
I drew on my inner strength and knowledge of who I knew I was on the inside, not what the exterior depicted. I grew tired of being a conformer, not wanting to hurt or embarrass my mother, and just "being" but not LIVING. I just existed and drew in the breath that the Lord God gave me each and every second of my heart beat, but not enjoying the breaths that I took in this body that I felt betrayed me.

What is the most important thing to you?
Is being respected and recognized for the man that I've become. To not be judged or ridiculed because of who I am, for I have many internal and external battle scars to prove my time in war. I'm tired of fighting with the dykes and aggressives in the community because of their hatred, digust, unacceptance and lack of knowledge of the transmen. The acronym is LGBT or GLBT, but notice the "T" holding up the rear? Completeing the acronym? We MUST learn to love and accept one another IN the community. We don't have to agree with any one process, but damn, can we at least just let people live and enjoy who THEY are?

I'm at the point where I just don't give a damn any more. For the first time in my life, I feel alive. I'm free in BODY, soul and spirit. I feel happiness deep down within, and I am completely content. I will no longer allow the ignorance and phobia of others steal my joy and freedom of expression. God is my judge, NOT man, and no MAN has the right to judge another man, no matter how high or close to God he THINK he may be.

I have a wife that I am legally married to, as my gender has been legally changed. A woman who loves me explicitly, who has been in my corner from the day she first met me, who has my back in every way and who is proud to tell everyone I'm her man. I am blessed to have her in my life, and I'm thankful that this great woman has chosen me to partner with. She is definitely a priceless treasure to put up with me, and has also had her share of ridicule from others. But she's held her ground when it came to who I am as a person, and what we share as a couple, and people have finally accepted us and became an integral part of our lives. We moved from NY last October to start our lives together in a new place, free from old demons and ways of thinking and have thrived since we've been in our new place. God is blessing us beyond expectations, and we're so very grateful and thankful to him.
I worked and suffered hard to get to where I am now, and I don't want or need any drama in my life or my family life.


Kori Dade Wright

Thank you for allowing me freedom of speech

His story was chalked full of information check out his web sites for more information.

http://81x.comkoridadewright/kori

No comments:

DarfurScores.org: Calling on Congress to Stop Genocide
Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!