Picture of the month

Picture of the month
Life is circular

Friday, February 9, 2007

Big Mama Thorton




I love the blues and one of my favorite artist has to be big mama Thorton.She wasn't always on the hefty side but she was six foot two and mama had good pipes too. I don't know much about her history except she always said she was cheated out of royalties for writing hound dog.Although two white boys claimed they wrote it I believe mama,that song was written in a black lingo whites didn't even understand or speak back then.Its hard for me to believe that a male would even come up with a song like that let alone white boys of the fifties era. So my tribute to mama in pictures stays here.We need to honor more of our female innovators of the blues.

No comments:

DarfurScores.org: Calling on Congress to Stop Genocide
Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!