Picture of the month

Picture of the month
Life is circular

Monday, June 25, 2007

Florida African Dance Festival

I try to tell the story of women from their point of view or mine by way of what I have learned from them.It's been about two weeks since I attended the Florida African Dance Festival and I still can't pen my feelings. I was overwhelmed by the spirit of black folk and it was wonderful. I found sisterhood and sense of community I have not felt in years.I'm going to let the pictures tell this story.


THE ENTRANCE





THE PRODUCER

She was a busy woman but took time out to share a few words with.Thanks for such a great festival!



DANCE ATTIRE
These two little girls mother made the dance belts they are wearing in fact several of the dancers were customers.The kids were able to go to free dance class which was a plus for many parents attending.





ON THE FLOOR

Cheap disposable camera shot is dark but these ladies are getting a real work out.
As an big beautiful woman I was inspired by big "gals" holding their own.



INSTRUCTOR

This was one of the instructors what a beautiful spirit and patient teacher


DRUMMERS
Providers of our dance beats and a drumming workshop.






HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YA...........












more to come

No comments:

DarfurScores.org: Calling on Congress to Stop Genocide
Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!