Picture of the month

Picture of the month
Life is circular

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Introduction

For to many years I've shared my heart on the web from behind my text. Well I'm front and center now bad picture and all!
With this blog I can't change the world but I can share a few voices with you that show the commonality of all women's struggles on this planet. I am here to let the world know black women are not monolithic, we are no more angry than any other women who are portrayed negatively 99 percent of the time.
The black woman has beauty,grace and wisdom that is both imitated and hated. She is over worked, stressed out, seen as less than worthy, and revered all in one. There many sides to my sisters. Sometimes we circle the wagons to our own detriment in order to find ways to survive and yes we all aren't sweet but same applies everyone else too. We aren't all sick and tired,in fact some of us are happy,healthy and on top of the world, sadly most of us are not.
So I dedicate this blog to the women who taught me that black love isn't about sex or exclusion but a spiritual journey every one of the daughters moving in the diaspora takes during her travels on this earth. It's the place where we discover our self worth and place another brick on the foundation of knowledge that has guided us through the storms of life in the new and the old world. Its the window pane from which we beam the love and strength buried within our souls to the world. I honor all that is you in this space sisters,mothers daughters and friends. I feel your bitter ,your sweet,your proud, your joy, your pain. I say to you all you are worthy so believe it and grow.

No comments:

DarfurScores.org: Calling on Congress to Stop Genocide
Zimbabwean women want Dignity.Period!